WordPress recently released a story feature and I’m here to tell you all about it!
First, I’d like to say that I think it’s wonderful that WordPress is following in the footsteps of major social media platforms such as Instagram and TikTok. Especially since Instagram recently said that their algorithm will begin favoring Reels over photos, which goes to show that the world of social media is quickly changing. You can check out the full article by clicking here.
This is why WordPress stories are so interesting to me. It’s shaping the future for something new.
How WordPress Stories Work
This feature gives bloggers a chance to truly own their content since the stories you post will be embedded in your website.
With Stories, you can now combine videos, photos, and text to create a highly engaging, tappable, full-screen slideshow that your readers will love. Being able to conveniently publish Stories from your phone will give you more ways to keep your site full of fresh content and optimized for your increasingly mobile audience. How convenient, right?!
I’ll be posting my very first story following this post. I’ll link to it at the bottom of this post so that you can check it out!
Story posts are great for:
Stories are the perfect format for:
- Step-by-step guides
- Cooking tutorials
- Step-by-step recipes
- A behind-the-scenes look at your latest product
- Updates on your DIY or art projects
- Travel guides & more!
Now that you have this amazing feature available to you I challenge you to find ways to implement it into your content. Of course, how you use stories may look different than how another person uses the feature. But as you’re exploring what works for you I’ll be doing the same!
What else to expect from WordPress Stories
Although most are familiar with story features on other apps, WordPress Stories are a bit different. Let’s go through them together.
- WordPress Stories have a permanent URL that can be shared and linked to other websites and platforms.
- Stories publish as blog posts, which means they can be liked, shared, commented on, and viewed by all site visitors.
- Using the Publicize feature will automatically post your stories to your connected social media platforms to expand your reach. If you’re unfamiliar with Publicize, check it out here.
- Stories won’t disappear after 24-hours! Your creative content will live on your blog as long as you allow it to.
Ready, Set, Record!
If you’re an Android or iPhone user you can download the WordPress app to your mobile device and begin recording stories today. I hope you’re as excited as I am to create some amazing content!
While recording here are some top tips to keep in mind.
- Film in good lighting for the best quality videos
- Use your brand fonts and colors
- Film for sound
- Keep your hands steady
- Don’t be afraid to re-shoot before publishing
As promised, here’s my first WordPress Story, and of course it’s centered around travel! You can check out more travel blog posts on CamilleLove here.
Once you create your first story comment on with the link below. I’d love to check it out!
If you haven’t signed up for our BS Blogger Monthly newsletter, what are you waiting for?! You need to be a part of this. Let me tell you why!
By subscribing, you’ll get:
- Real tips on how to grow your blog and monetize it
- Resources to take your blog to the next level
- Top tips to be successful in the blogging industry
- Deep dives into best writing practices
- Top strategies on building readership
- so much more!